We can’t wait to welcome you in Leeds, research hub and UK’s first city of health innovation with a long-standing history in the sector!
One of the most famous cities in the UK, Leeds is known for its historical moments and its economic vibrancy. It excels in areas such as music, sports, arts, and politics. Leeds is a modern city with a rich industrial past.
Hotels available at the link below have been selected for the EPUAP 2023 delegates at special rates.
Leeds is one of the most easily accessible cities in the UK and is ideally positioned in the heart of the country with direct rail links from across the country: easy train journey from London or Edinburgh, with regular intercity connections to all corners at the busiest station in the north of England.
Two international airports, Leeds Bradford Airport and Manchester Airport, are located within an hour from the city.
Leeds is the busiest station in the north and a major hub for national rail transport – with direct rail links from across the country.
Two international airports are located within an hour of the city – Leeds Bradford Airport and Manchester Airport:
- Getting by bus from the Leeds Bradford Airport (30 minutes): Flyer Bus
Manchester airport (busy airport with majority of European national and lowcost airlines)
- Getting by direct bus from the Manchester Airport to Leeds city center: Book tickets here for the National Express or Megabus buses
- Getting by direct train from the Manchester Airport to Leeds city center: Book train tickets here
Conference venue location:
Situated in the heart of the city, the Royal Armouries is ideally located to take advantage of everything Leeds has to offer. It’s just a 5-minute walk from Leeds Dock B bus stop. It is one the largest dedicated conference, events, and exhibition spaces in Leeds hosting more than 380 national and international events every year.
Congress venue: Royal Armouries, Leeds
Address: Armouries Way, Leeds LS10 1NF, United Kingdom
Getting to the venue
- The Royal Armouries Museum is approximately 15 to 20 minutes walk from Leeds bus station (approximately 0.9 kilometres/0.6 miles)
- Yorkshire Buses Line 29 runs from Woodhouse (University of Leeds) through to Hunslet Shopping Centre, calling at Hyde Park, Leeds City Centre and Leeds Dock – alight here for the Royal Armouries Museum.
- The museum is approximately a 20 to 25-minute walk from Leeds railway station (approximately 1.3 kilometres/0.8 miles)
By water taxi
- Leeds Dock water taxis run every 15 minutes from Granary Wharf (just by the new South entrance of Leeds train station)
- Journeys take approximately 10 minutes and cost £2 per person, children 5 years and under travel free
- Please note, water levels can affect the running of the water taxis
- For the latest information please visit the Leeds dock water taxi Facebook page
- Return journeys to Granary Wharf (Leeds railway station south entrance) run from Leeds Dock until 18:00
Leeds is famous for its walkability, and public transport puts so much more within reach. Check out useful maps and resources down below and start planning your visit.